BTAC exists to represent the native title rights and interests of the Thalanyji People. As a BTAC member, you gain access to a range of support programs, financial assistance and more.
Who can apply
To become a BTAC member, an individual must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- identify and are identified by other members of the Native Title Holding Group as a Thalanyji person
- have a connection with the land and waters in the Determination Area, in accordance with the traditional laws acknowledged and the traditional customs observed by the Thalanyji People.
BTAC members can apply for financial assistance and access various support programs. They can attend, speak and vote at a BTAC general meeting, and be elected or appointed as a director.
Membership gives Thalanyji People access to:
- Support programs and financial assistance
- Thalanyji Trust and Trustee Advisory Council (TAC) documents
- BTAC reports and plans
- BTAC member newsletter
Members’ rights and responsibilities
All members have certain rights and responsibilities, as outlined in the BTAC rule book on the ORIC website. As a BTAC member, you:
- can attend, speak and vote at meetings
- can be elected or appointed as a director
- must notify BTAC of any change in address details within 28 days
- must comply with BTAC’s code of conduct
- must treat other members and the directors with respect and dignity
- must not behave in a way that significantly interferes with BTAC operations and meetings.
As required by the Office of the Registrar of Indigenous Corporations (ORIC), BTAC invites all its members to meet once a year to formally report and discuss the activities of our corporation. The meeting serves as a platform for us to connect with the Onslow community and Aboriginal community members at large in the Thalanyji area.
As an ORIC sanctioned Aboriginal corporation, we follow strict guidelines to ensure good corporate governance and compliance with state laws. For more information about the role of the ORIC, please visit their website.
How to apply
If you meet the criteria above and want to become a member, please download, complete and submit our membership enquiry pack.
If you have any membership queries, please contact us using the form below.
Already a member?
Access the BTAC members portal for support, information and latest news.